This activity is based around the Lyrics Training website. The site helps you to listen to and understand songs.
Go to: http://www.lyricstraining.com here you can search for a song that you like or select on from the home page. Once you click on a song it will start to play, you can then select your level.
- You then see some of the words of the song with some gaps. The song will stop so that you can write in the missing words.
- You can also select your own language so that you can see a translation of the lyrics in your own language.
I hope you find this useful. Here you can find more song based EFL / ESL activities.
Related links for teachers:
- Using Movie Soundtracks in the EFL ESL Classroom
- Animated Music Videos for EFL
- Get the Stars to Sing Your Students' Words
- Can Music Aid Memory of Text?
- Transcribed Videos for EFL ESL
- Karaoke with a Social Network
- Another Great New Karaoke Site