You are going to use a number of different tools to make this easier and more enjoyable.
- First go to Wikipedia and find a summary of the plot. You can do this with most books, just by searching for the name in Wikipedia. Click on the link to see The Old Man and the Sea Plot.
- Read through the plot, then watch this animated video of the story. It takes about 20 mins, so make sure you have time before you start.
- Now that you know the plot and have seen the video you should be able to tackle the book.
- You can read the complete book online at Google books The old man and the sea
- The book is quite long to read, but you should now have a good grasp of the story. If you want to study the story in more depth you can find notes and analysis of the story at: SparkNotes - The old man and the sea
- Find information about the plot in Wikipedia
- Find video clips of the story on YouTube or Google Video
- Find the complete book on Google books
- Find notes and analysis on SparkNotes
- Here you can find more literature activities for EFL ESL students
- Find Easy to Read Text for Lower Levels
- Prompting reading speeds
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Fantastic Free E-Books for EFL and ELT
- Free ebooks on elearning
- Writing Project Community
- Free Web Publishing Community
- List Your Favourite Words
- Learn Some Cliches
- Interactive multiple choice activities
- Translate Shakespeare 2 Text Lingo 4 Twitter??