Today's task uses DailyLit a site that will supply you with 5 minutes of reading everyday for free. You just select a book and each day you will be emailed a 5 minute installment of the book.
- Go to: http://www.dailylit.com/ and click on 'REGISTER' at the top right of the screen.
- You'll need to have an email address but you don't have to add any other information.
- Once you have registered you'll get a confirmation to your email address. Click the link and then you'll be able to select a book. I recommend a book by Charles Dickens, select him from the list of popular authors.
- Once you have done this you'll be able to decide what time each day you want your reading installment sent to your email address.
- Once you have done that, agree to the terms and then click on 'Submit'. Then go back to your email account and you should have a message with a confirmation link. Click on it and then just wait for your first installment of the book to be delivered.
- Each time you finish your five minutes of reading, you'll be able to either request another five minutes of the book or just wait until the next day.
- Hope you enjoy the book. A Christmas Carol is one of my favourite books by Dickens and one of the best Christmas Ghost stories ever written. It's not too scary either. If you enjoy the book you can also get involved in a book forum and discuss the book with other visitors to the site.
Related links for teachers:
- Writing Project Community
- Free Web Publishing Community
- Prompting reading speeds
- Interactive multiple choice activities
- Picture phrases