You are going to do this by using a quiz. You will see the name of a place and you will have to click the world map where you think the place is.
If you get the answer exactly right then 10 cups of water are donated to people living in poverty.
The further away from the correct location you click, the less water is donated. If you are too far away, you get the answer wrong and loose a 'life'.
Five wrong answers and the game ends.
- Go to: http://www.freepoverty.com and click on the 'Start' button.
- Try to score at least 250 cups.
- If you need help with some of the places and want to check where they are, then you can go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in the names of the places to find them.
Related links for teachers:
- Improve your Vocabulary and send Aid to Children
- Vocabulary and rice
- Creating Word Lists
- Exploiting Image Sequences
- Animating vocabulary
- Video Dictionary 2.0