Today's activity comes from the Sporcle website and is a quick test to see if you know the 100 most commonly used words in the English language.
- Go to: http://www.sporcle.com/games/common_english_words.php You will see a grid with 100 space and a time limit of 12 minutes set and ready.
- Before you start, think about what some of the most commonly used words might be in your first language. In English articles, pronouns and prepositions are used in almost every sentence, so you might think about starting with those.
- When you are ready click on 'Ready? Click to Start'.
- Start typing words into the box. Correct words will appear in the grid. If not you will have to delete the word and try another one.
- After 12 minutes the correct words will appear. Good luck.
Related links for teachers:
- Brainstorm and Debate Collaboratively
- Create a Quick Discussion Forum
- Cloze Test Creation Tool
- AI and Chat Bots for EFL ESL
- Manga images for EFL ESL
- Creating an interactive cloze text
- Making quizzes for i-pod
- Interactive multiple choice activities
- Halloween Horror Quiz
- Take a Quiz Adventure Journey