In today's activity we are going to use one of my favourite websites Let them Sing it For You to have some fun, create some songs and listen to famous people singing them.
- First you need to write a song. This doesn't have to be difficult. You can write a song about yourself or a friend by using their name.
- You simply create a sentence about the person using the letters of their name to start the first word of each line.
- Here's how it is done using my name (Nik). I have three lines, each beginning with the letters of my name.
- So a make a line about myself starting with each letter.
Not very good at sport
I like to go to the beach
Know a lot about different websites
- Once you have your short song, go to Let them Sing it For You and type the words into the field and click on the arrow.
- The site will then convert you words into a song that you can listen to. Here's mine.
- You then just email the song to your friends or yourself.
- If you want to hear other songs you can go to a Lyrics website like A-Z Lyrics and copy and paste the lyrics to create songs to share with your friends. You could also send them some singing messages instead of emails.
Here you can find more Song and Music Activities.
Related links for teachers:
- Can Music Aid Memory of Text?
- Transcribed Videos for EFL ESL
- Karaoke with a Social Network
- Another Great New Karaoke Site
- Great New Karaoke Site