Audio Puzzler is a great website to help you listen to and understand English. It has a range of texts and you listen to parts of each text, write what you hear and then arrange the parts of the text in the correct order.
- Go to: http://www.audiopuzzler.com/ and check the rules so you know how to play.
- Start the game and then pick a text 'Fight Club - 8 Rules' is a good one to start on as it isn't too long.
- Click the bubbles and type in the text as you hear it. Then arrange the text in the correct order.
- You have to play against time and you get a score. Try to complete the text at least 3 times and improve your score.
Do leave a comment to say what you thought of this activity. More activities tomorrow.
Related links for teachers:
- Dictation goes Web 2.0
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Subtitling your video clips
- Transcribed Videos for EFL ESL