Luckily there are websites like Forvo to help you.
Forvo collects the pronunciation of words from a wide range of different languages, so that you can listen and learn how the words are pronounced. If you register, you can even download the pronunciation of the words as Mp3 files.
- You will see a list of 30 words. Choose 10 and listen to them and try to pronounce them.
- If you would prefer to learn words about a specific topic, click on 'Categories' and then choose from the list at the side.
Well I hope you have learned some new words. Perhaps you could also help out on the site by providing some words from your own language.
More EFL ESL activities next week.
Related links for teachers:
- Pronunciation goes 2.0
- Video Dictionary 2.0
- Phonology can be fun and free
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- 12 Second Video Clips for EFL ESL