Don't worry though, developing your vocabulary can be a lot of fun with 'Get the Pic?'. This site is a vocabulary quiz game with pictures to help you guess words.
You just need to suggest the first 3 letters and then you will see some pictures to help you guess the rest of the word.
- Go to: http://www.getthepicsure.com/ and click on 'Sure' to see the rules of the game.
- Read the simple rules and then click on 'Sure' to get started.
- You will then see the letters of the alphabet. Choose any 3 and then the game will start.
- You will see some pictures and the letters of the word with spaces. You just need to click on what you think are the missing letters.
- To make the game more fun, you start with $100 and if you are sure you know the word or the letters you can gamble some of that to increase it.
- Each game is times and the quicker you get the word right, the more dollars you win.
- You can also buy a clue if you don't know what the word is.
- If you get the word wrong or don't know it you can click to get a link to Wikipedia where you will find and explanation of the word.
Good luck. Hope you enjoy the game. Come back tomorrow for more EFL ESL activities.
Related links for teachers:
- Creating Word Lists
- List Your Favourite Words
- Learn Some Cliches
- Multi Player Vocabulary Revision
- Multimedia wordsearch
- Animating vocabulary
- Games With a Purpose and a Social Network
- Improve your Vocabulary and send Aid to Children