The Cliche Finder site can help you to find new cliche or idioms based around a keyword, or you can just select 10 idioms at random.
- Go to: http://www.westegg.com/cliche/
- Either type in a keyword such as 'Love' or 'Hand'
- Click to select 10 random cliches by clicking on 'See Ten Random Cliches'
- Once you have 10 cliches that you like, go to the Cambridge English Online Dictionary and check the meaning of the expressions: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
- You do this by typing in the idiom and then clicking on 'Look it up' You then select your idiom and click.
- Make a note of ten new idioms / cliches and what they mean.
- If you want to try to remember these you could create a video record of each one by using one of the activities from last month: Creating a Video Vocabulary Record
Come back for more tomorrow EFL ESL activities.
Related links for teachers:
- Prompting reading speeds
- Animating vocabulary
- Interactive multiple choice activities
- Picture phrases
- Video Dictionary 2.0