In today's activity we'll look at some different letters from the LetterWhiz site and see how you can adapt them for your own purpose.
LetterWhiz has a wide variety of ready written letter templates that you can use and adapt when you want to write to someone. These include:
- Business (employee relations, announcements)
- Career (cover letters, job promotions, resignations)
- Love / special occasions (weddings, birthdays, anniversaries)
- Personal (apologies, family invitations, (for sale/to buy) letters)
- Educational (applications, scholarships, presentations)
You are going to look at three different letters from people who are introducing themselves. They are:
- Teacher's introduction to his / her students
- Person introducing themselves to someone on an online dating site
- New employee introduction to other staff
- Which will be longest / shortest?
- Which will be most formal / informal?
- What information do you think each will include?
Now look at the letters and compare them to see how close your guesses were.
- Now edit the letters so that they are from you. It's important if you do use any of these letters from the site, that you make sure you change them so that the information in them is about you and it is true. There are some things more important than writing grammatically correct letters. - the truth and sincerity of the content is also very important.
Come back tomorrow for more EFL ESL activities.
- Make you own animated movies
- Using wikis with EFL students
- Creating a Wiki
- Animated EFL ESL Writing Prompts
- Adventure Narratives for EFL ESL Students
- See 20 more writing activities