So today's activity uses a site called Lyrics.com where you can find loads of song lyrics as well as music videos of people singing the songs.
- Go to: http://www.lyrics.com/ think of a song in English that you like or a singer who sings in English.
- Type their name or the song name into the search field and find the song or singer.
- If you can't think of a song just select one of the popular ones from the home page
- You will then see the lyrics and on most songs you can also find a video. Play the video, listen and follow the lyrics.
- You can either just listen or you can try to sing along. Doing either one or both will help with your listening reading and pronunciation.
- Try to listen to a new song each day, or select one song and try to memorise the lyrics by singing along a number of times.
Related links for teachers:
- Can Music Aid Memory of Text?
- Transcribed Videos for EFL ESL
- Karaoke with a Social Network
- Another Great New Karaoke Site
- Great New Karaoke Site
- Sending Bubble Joy to your EFL / ESL Students
- 12 Second Video Clips for EFL ESL
- Great Video Commenting Tool
- Video conferencing for EFL
- Send Free Video Messages
- Create your own game