The videos for you to watch come from two sources; Music and Muffins and SereneRhapsody and you can find more examples on their YouTube Channels
- For the first part of this task, you can simple watch and enjoy two short music videos and just decide which video you like the most.
- This one is "You Could Be Happy" and the music is by Snow Patrol
- This one is called "Rain drops" and the music is by Regina Spector
- You can find more videos like this at Music and Muffins and Serene Rhapsody
- Once you have chosen the video you like best, think about how the images illustrate the story of the song.
- Try to think of a song that you like and the story behind the song.
- Find the lyrics for the song at: http://www.lyrics.com/ and copy each line of the lyrics onto a sheet of paper.
- Put the sheets of paper in order and then do a simple sketch on each sheet of paper to illustrate the line from the song.
- Now using a simple digital camera you can create your own 'stop motion' video of the song.
- Here you can find step by step instructions showing how this is done.
- Here you can watch a video of how to make stop motion videos
- Once you have create your video you will need to add the sound track too. This is a great way to enjoy music and develop your English.
- Here you can find 20 + more video activities for EFL ESL students
Related links for teachers:
- Create an ESL EFL Video Quiz
- Crazy Comparatives & Superlatives
- 12 Second Video Clips for EFL ESL
- Create Image Books
- Sending Bubble Joy to your EFL / ESL Students
- Microblogging for EFL with Plurk
- Great Video Commenting Tool
- 20 WebCam Activities for EFL ESL Students
- Online Video: For Language Development
- Online Video: As Knowledge Resource
- Online Video: Authentic Genres
- Free Educational TV Channels
- News Videos for EFL ESL Materials Design