Here is a task that shows you how you can develop a simple sentence like 'I made tea.' into a detailed text.
- Go to the website: http://www.telescopictext.com/. You will see the sentence with shaded words.
- Click on a shaded and see that part of the sentence expand. Read the new sentence and then choose another part to click on.
- Keep clicking and reading the sentence until there are no more shaded words.
- You see now how a simple sentence can be made more detailed.
- Now create your own detailed sentences from one of these:
- I went to the beach.
- I saw a film.
- I went to school
- Once you have finished your sentence you can post it in the comments below and I'll publish the best ones here on the blog in a couple of weeks.
Hope you enjoyed this activity. Come back tomorrow for some more EFL ESL activities.
Related links for teachers:
- Prompting reading speeds
- A Picture's worth
- Microblogging for EFL with Plurk
- Becoming a citizen journalist