This activity gives you the chance to test your correction skills and find errors in short texts using a site called BookOven and a tool called SpellChecker
- Go to: http://bookoven.com/ Here on the front page you will see a short text that may have an error.
- Look at the text carefully and try to find any errors. If you see one try to correct it. If you aren't sure you can copy and paste the text to http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/.
- Paste the text in to spellchecker and then 'Spell Check.'
- This will open a new window showing where any errors are.
- Go back to BookOven and correct the error. You will then be given another error to check. Try to find and correct at least 10 mistakes.
- You can find more writing activities here.
- Write Your Own Quick Biography
- Animated EFL ESL Writing Prompts
- Text to Speech for EFL ESL Materials
- Creating audio-visual monologues
- Drama project tools
- Make you own animated movies
- Developing screencast tutorials
- Extending a Sentence
- 60 Second Writing Activity