Try a TOEFL Reading Test

TOEFL is a very popular American exam to test the level of your English. Today I've chosen a reading task that is similar to the ones in the TOEFL exam. The test comes from the Exam English website.

The text for the test is about a famous photographer called Robert Capa
Before you do the test you might like to look at some of his photographs. Click here to see some of Robert Capa's photographs

Task:
  • Go to: http://www.examenglish.com/TOEFL/toefl_reading.htm
  • Read the text and start to select the answers to the questions
  • Click the small white arrow to move to the next question.
  • When you get to the end of the exercise you will get a score of up to 11. If you get less than 8 try to do the exercise again.
If you enjoyed this task then try some of the other tests.

Come back for some more activities to improve your English tomorrow.

Best

Nik Peachey

Related links for teachers:

5 comments:

Maria Lorena Recio said...

Nik, you've post something I really need! I've got a new student and he wants to prepare for the TOEFL. I've never done that, I've always taughted FCE, PET, KET, etc.
I love your posts and selection of pages. Thanks.
Lore (from Argentina)

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Loreley,

I'm gladd you have found this useful. I actually wrote the text and exercise about Robert Capa. I also wrote a listening exercise for the site based on the life of Sylvia Plath. I like the site a lot. It has some nicely esigned interactive exercises.

Hope you enjoy the TOEFL teaching.

Best

Nik

Eduardo Rossatto said...

Hi Nik,
First of all, thank you so much for your tips and links. I just love your blog and read it daily.
Keep up the good work - you have no idea how much it helps us all!

Regards,
Eduardo

Nik Peachey said...

Thanks Eduardo,

I often wonder how many of these ideas actually get into the classroom.
Glad they are useful.
Best
Nik

Natasha said...

I am so happy to have discovered your site. I'm studying to become an ESL teacher and am really interested in how technology can enhance student learning. Thanks for this fantastic blog. I will be using lots of your ideas!

My Books & Lesson Plans