You can do this in a fun way using a simple free software program called Flipz TV. You just download the free program, install it on your computer and then you can record yourself and created an animated talking head to send to your friends or put on your website.
You can find a list of poems at the Poetry 180 website
- Go to: http://www.flipz.tv/ and go to 'Downoad' to download the free software.
- Install the software on your computer (PC only. Sorry MAC users)
- Find a suitable poem that you want to read from the Poetry 180 website and prctice saying the poem out load.
- Copy the text of the poem and use it to create your animated talking head like the one above.
- This video shows you how to record the audio FlipzTV Tutorial
- Listen to your peom once you have recorded it. You might want to try it 3 or even 4 times to get it right.
- When you are finished you can save the file to your computer and watch your talking head, like the one above.
If you post your poem to your blog, then be sure to send us a link.
You can use this tool for recordinbg other texts too. It doesn't just have to be a poem.
Hope you enjoy this activity and come back for more ESL EFL activities tomorrow.