So today's activity comes from the Slang Translator and dictionary website. This activity is not appropriate for those under 18 years old.
- You are going to start with an Internet slang quiz. Go to: http://www.noslang.com/quiz.php
- You'll see a number of multiple choice questions. Select what you think is the correct answer.
- Try to answer as many questions as you can. If there are any you are unsure about check the word by going to the slang translator at: http://www.noslang.com/addslang.php
- Type in the slang word and click on the 'Translate' button.
- You should then get a definition for the slang word. When you have finished the quiz submit your answers and see how many you got right. If you enjoyed this quiz, try another one here
I hope you have enjoyed this activity. Come back tomorrow for more EFL ESL activities, or try more vocabulary building activities from this site.
Related links for teachers:
- A River of Images
- Creative Commons Images
- Create Image Books
- Create a Flickr Montage
- Personalised flashcards
- Animating vocabulary
- Exploiting Image Sequences
- Tease your Brain