In today's activity we look an idea from the DailyLit website. The challenge is to write a story in 50 words. No more no less. The story should still have a beginning a middle and an end.
- To get some ideas for how to do this, looks at this page on the DailyLit site and read through some of the stories that users of the site have submitted.
- Got to: http://dailylit.com/forums/other/etc/2009/03/18/50-word-challenge
- If you are finding it difficult to start, you can find some great opening lines here to get your story started, just pick one. Story Starters
- Try to write your own 50 word story. When you have finished you can post it to the DailyLit site. Just got to: http://dailylit.com/register and register for free. You just need to create your own username ans password.
I hope you enjoy writing your 50 word stories and post them to the site. Here can you can find 20+ more activities to improve your writing
Related links for teachers:
- Creating an interactive cloze text
- MS Word tutorial 1: Adding ‘comments’
- Animated EFL ESL Writing Prompts
- Picture phrases
- Using wikis for teacher development
- Improve Typing and Punctuation and Have Fun