Today's activity tests your knowledge of British and American English vocabulary.
- Go to: http://www.sporcle.com/games/usuk_words.php
- Take some time to look through all the British English words and see if you know or can remember the US word for the same thing. If you aren't sure, you might want to check in a dictionary or you could go to the British to American translator at: http://www.translatebritish.com/index.php
- Use the translator to check any words you are not sure of. When you are ready, click on Ready to start.
If you can't get all the words in 5 minutes, don't worry, you will see the answers at the end. You can always try again another day until you can remember them all in 5 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this activity. Here you can try some more Daily Vocabulary Activities.
Related links for teachers:
- A Tool for Comparing Words
- Flickr and Wiktionary Based Image Dictionary
- Creating Word Lists
- List Your Favourite Words
- Learn Some Cliches
- Interactive multiple choice activities
- Video Dictionary 2.0
- Using Word Clouds in EFL ESL
- Picture phrases
- Create Image Books
- Create a Flickr Montage