Improve Your Vocabulary and Make Friends

Improving your vocabulary is more than just learning the meaning of new words. You need to be able to hear them, spell them and use them too. That's why Babbel is such a useful site.

Babbel can help you to learn new words with its interactive activities. The activities have pictures and sound and once you can recognise the words you hear, you have to learn to spell them. There is a good range of topics to learn about.
The site also has a social network so you can make friends with other people who speak your language or who speak the language you want to learn.

You'll need to register to use the site and create your own profile.

Task:
  • When you get into the site you'll need to add some extra information so that the site knows what language you speak and what language you want to learn.
  • Then click on 'Learn' and choose a topic to study. As you can see I'm studying Spanish, but there are a wide range of English topics for you.


  • The site keeps track of your score, so visit every day and try to build up a good score
Hope you enjoy this site and make some friends there too. Post a comment below to tell me if you enjoyed this site.

More activities tomorrow.

Best

Nik Peachey

4 comments:

Ana Maria Menezes said...

Dear Nik,

I´d like to congratulate you on your new blog. I was already a fan of your personal blog and follow it regularly, therefore, this is another spot I´ll be coming and will recommend to my students.
Wish you success,
anamaria
Lifefeast blog

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Anna

Thanks for that. I'm also a regular visitor to your blog which is packed with great ideas. I also love the title.

Thanks again

Best

Nik

Biljana said...

Hi Nik,
I'm Biljana from Macedonia,English teacher in an elementary school in Skopje.
I like Babbel , too.
I myself learn Italian, whenever I have time!
I recommended this site to my students , to learn the language they like.
I'm learning how to use computer technology in teaching English.
This is my blog:
I am trying to do something!
http://biljanamyblog.blogspot.com/
Greetings,
Biljana

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Biljana

Thanks for the kind words and for the link to your blog with the wonderful pictures of your students on April Fool's day

Best

Nik

My Books & Lesson Plans